Franke is a global company with more than 100 years of serving customers with intelligent food system solutions for food and beverage preparation as well as for water management and hygiene.
The Franke group employs around 8500 people worldwide and is established in over 40 countries with 67 subsidiaries.
The Franke spirit is best described in the aspiration to “Make in Wonderful”. It is one of the key foundations of Franke`s philosophy and activities and it`s characterized by its Values: Deliver Solutions, Act Entrepreneurial, Be Accountable, Foster Teamwork and Enable People.
Head Lean Manufacturing Franke Group (m/f) 100%
The role reports into the Franke Chief Operation g Office (COO)
Location of work: Aarburg/Switzerland. Significant travel requirements (40-60%)
Franke has established the Franke Productions System (FPS)
- Lead the further implementation of the Franke Production Systems (FPS), which is an adaptation of LEAN Manufacturing principles and tools to the realities and the vision of Franke
- Ensure that LEAN principles are applied throughout the organization with a clear methodology
- Keep the FPS system up-to-date, using both external benchmark & research and internal learnings & KPI`s for continuously improving the Franke LEAN manufacturing excellence level
- Establish a network of FPS coaches in every main production facility who will have solid line reporting locally and functional reporting lines into this role
- Educate and advice these local experts and make them an efficient and competent group of coaches who, together with local management, ensure continuous improvement of production and other processes.
- Embed LEAN thinking and the ownership for LEAN across the organization, mainly with senior operations management, but also as a way of working on the shop floor
- Support the central engineering / technical expert networks in defining highly flexible % lean best practice technologies (with regard to layout, automation level, standard work etc.)
- Be a role model for Franke values in the Operations community
- Lean manufacturing expert – Has both very strong theoretical, but as well practical background in implementation of lean manufacturing tools. Uses KPI`s to drive improvement. Self-starter and Energizer – Motivated to leave things better than they were. Proactive in identifying opportunities to enhance performance of the organization. Dynamic in implementing change. Energizes the team to take accountability and to actively drive improvement. Someone who is at the front, visiting plants and motivating staff at shop-floor level.
- Team leadership – Has the ability to build cross-functional teams and foster teamwork. Is proactive and leads by example, energizing others on effective collaboration
- Open-minded and versatile across cultures – Encourages open discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback. Understands cultural differences and leverages diversity to achieve sustainable outcomes. Enjoys working with diverse people and styles
- Excellent Moderator – Experienced in moderating successful workshops with involvement of all levels of operations stakeholders, from the production operator to the Head of Operations
- Driving results – Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results. Manges projects, activities, resources effectively and assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions
- BS required, MS or advanced degree is a plus
- 5-7 years of large site international operations and productions management experience (including hands-on manufacturing experience) in operational roles within a relevant discrete manufacturing environment
- 5+ years in a cross functional lean manufacturing implementation role
- Proven track record in identifying, developing and executing major change initiatives
- Brings along strong knowledge of production/process technologies like LEAN, Six-Sigma, Pull flow, Standard work, TPM, SMED, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the impact of production cost on the balance sheet
- Having worked at TOYOTA, or closely with TOYOTA is seen as a plus
- University degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- Languages: English fluency (both written and oral), other languages a plus